1. Sneezed, and when neither her father nor I responded immediately, said, “Say ‘bless you’ Mommy! Say ‘bless you’ Daddy!”
2. After receiving many compliments to the effect of “Your hair looks so cute” after allowing me to give her pigtails for her aunt’s baby shower, saw me with my hair pulled into a pony tail before bed and said, “Your hair is cute, Mommy. I like it.”
3. Called me at work this morning to ask where her stickers were for her sticker chart because she used her potty (for the fourth time in 36 hours!).
4. Complimented my cooking by saying “Mmm mmm mmm, Mommy, this is good.”
5. Made me my first art project from day care. I’m sure she had very little to do with the actual assembly of the construction-paper caterpillar, but she presented it to me with such pride… I’ll never forget it.
6. Learned how to “pound fists” in greeting from her Uncle Mike.
7. Told me she had fun at the park on Sunday. Repeatedly. And that she wants a kite. Please.
8. Gave toddler love to another baby. (see below, and don’t worry, I cut her bangs with my kitchen shears yesterday. She loved every minute.)
9. Insisted that no, she is not a big girl, she is a baby. End of discussion.
10. Loved on one of her new teachers when I came to pick her up yesterday. But loved on me best.
PS I’m cheating on Scott Hoke with my new ipod nano and a crazy shuffle of music that this morning included R Kelly, Josh Groban, NKOTB and Tom Waits.